Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Campaign

I know that the next convention for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod is a long way off, but I am going to announce my campaign early so that I can get plenty of traction.
Along with supporting Lutheran Luciola's campaign against our hideously pale official color, I am going to push hard for the creation of an official synodical theme song. I already have one in mind. I think that it should be:

"Stuck in The Middle With You" by that great Scottish 70s band, Stealers Wheel.
You can watch the video of them performing this song on YouTube by clicking here.

I dare you to read the lyrics and tell me that it's not perfect. That great hit from the summer of 1974 (when I was -7 years old by the way) works on so many levels that it makes me laugh out loud. I hope that you will all support me in this. A Stealers Wheel reality check could be just what this synod needs.
Even if it gets approved, I am sure that there will be arguments about what it might mean.
Is the song about the clowns and jokers at our conventions?
Is the song about the clowns and jokers in our beloved synod?
Is the song about the clowns and jokers in Lutheranism as a whole?
Is the song about the clowns and jokers in the heterodox sects of Christianity?
My answer to each of those questions is...... yes!

No comments: