Friday, November 16, 2007

Clarification for My Audience

Apparently, I have tricked some people into thinking that I am something special. I apologize if spell check and careful editing have given you the wrong impression. I am not that smart and not that wise. We need to nip that foolishness in the bud right now. If I have any mental gift at all, it is the power to regurgitate. This was my response to a post on Adam Roe's blog, but it is important enough to post here:

For the record, I do not consider myself smart. I just listen to smart people and remember what they say. If I open my mouth and something inellegent or wise flies out, you can bet money that I am quoting someone or at least echoing a great idea that I was taught.

This was a great example: I heard you. I remembered hearing Rev. Rick Stuckwisch. I connected you to his post. Ta-dah! I'm a genius! =P

I can honestly say that I have never had an original thought that was constructive. I speak in object lessons, quotes, references, and summaries. I just relay what I learn. You are not looking at a wise man... just a master idea thief who likes to talk.


Let that be the end of such nonsense.

No comments: